If you are an ELA teacher...
Before your students start reading their text(s), we recommend the following:
- Go to Beginning Your Holocaust Unit to review GUIDELINES and PROPOSED OUTCOMES
- Utilize INTRODUCTORY LESSONS and review KEY TERMS
- Establish context. Read/discuss the OVER VIEW for each theme, or, at the very least, for Pre-War at this time. (Any or all others can be considered as needed, to compliment the subject text.)
- Students read their chosen or assigned text(s)
- Review and consider ENDURING LESSONS, particularly CULMINATING WORK