Ambassadors for Change (AFC) is a yearlong cohort for young adults (ages 21-40), organized to raise awareness for the Holocaust Center, inspire change in our community, and help build personal and professional networks through mission-based social and educational opportunities.
Interested in joining? Applications are now open for the 2024 cohort! Please submit your application by January 8, 2024. Applications will be reviewed by current cohort members and HCH staff, and you may be asked to interview.
Interested, but want to learn more? Attend our info session at Stoup Brewing on Capitol Hill.
MEET THE MEMBERS OF OUR 2023 COHORT!
"I want to create more opportunities to understand and engage with the community where we live."
The Ambassadors for Change host several events throughout the year. Check back here for updates!
2024 AFC Recruitment Event
January 4th, 2024 | 6pm
Stoup Brewing Capitiol Hill
- AFC is open to young adults (aged 21-40) living in & around the greater Seattle area
- AFC is open to individuals of *any & all* faiths, identities, abilities, and backgrounds
- AFC members are *not* required to pay membership dues this year. Together, AFC will determine our 2023 fundraising goal, and members can contribute to this goal in a number of ways (including their time, personal $ contributions, knowledge, special skillsets, raising awareness, etc).
- Applicants *may* be asked to participate in a followup interview, conducted by a small panel of AFC members and current Holocaust Center staff
- Members *must* attend monthly 60-minute meetings at the Holocaust Center for Humanity, from February to December 2024
- Members may also meet up to 1 additional hour weekly, leading up to AFC events
- Together, members will plan, execute, and attend 4 public events: a fundraiser in July, an educational event in October, and two recruitment events, one in Summer and one in Winter
- Members will also organize at least one community outreach activity. This might look something like: bringing homemade dinners to Holocaust survivors, collaborating with students, or volunteering with one of HCH’s partner organizations.
- Members will be asked to attend and/or assist with the Holocaust Center's annual Voices for Humanity fundraiser in late October/early November
- Members are also encouraged to attend other Holocaust Center events throughout the year, such as our virtual Lunch-and-Learn programs and our commemorative events
The founding of Ambassadors for Change was made possible, in part, by a 2019 grant from the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle.