Ambassadors for Change (AFC) is a yearlong cohort for young adults (ages 21-40), organized to raise awareness for the Holocaust Center, inspire change in our community, and help build personal and professional networks through mission-based social and educational opportunities.
MEET THE MEMBERS OF OUR 2023 COHORT!
"I want to create more opportunities to understand and engage with the community where we live."
Recruitment & Social
Comms & Marketing/Website
The Ambassadors for Change host several events throughout the year. Check back here for updates!
Sip & Learn Fundraiser | July 20, 2023
6:00-8:00pm at the Holocaust Center for Humanity
Educational Event | October, TBD, 2023
Interested in joining a future cohort?
- AFC is open to young adults (aged 21-40) living in & around the greater Seattle area
- AFC is open to individuals of *any & all* faiths, identities, abilities, and backgrounds
- AFC members are *not* required to pay membership dues this year. Together, AFC will determine our 2023 fundraising goal, and members can contribute to this goal in a number of ways (including their time, personal $ contributions, knowledge, special skillsets, raising awareness, etc).
- Applicants *may* be asked to participate in a followup interview, conducted by a small panel of AFC members and current Holocaust Center staff
- Members *must* attend monthly 60-minute meetings at the Holocaust Center for Humanity, from February to December, 2023
- Members may also meet up to 1 additional hour weekly, leading up to AFC events
- Together, members will plan, execute, and attend 4 public events: a fundraiser in July, an educational event in October, and two recruitment events, one in Summer and one in Winter
- Members will also organize at least one community outreach activity. This might look something like: bringing homemade dinners to Holocaust survivors, collaborating with students, or volunteering with one of HCH’s partner organizations.
- Members will be asked to attend and/or assist with the Holocaust Center's annual Voices for Humanity fundraiser in late October/early November
- Members are also encouraged to attend other Holocaust Center events throughout the year, such as our virtual Lunch-and-Learn programs and our commemorative events
The founding of Ambassadors for Change was made possible, in part, by a 2019 grant from the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle.