Developing Compassionate Leaders through Education and Action | Flyer (pdf)
Two Locations - SEATTLE & SPOKANE VALLEY!
Through Project-Based Learning, members of the Student Leadership Board will develop skills for leadership and teamwork, creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving while gaining a deeper understanding of the Holocaust and making a positive difference in their schools and in their communities.
Meetings are twice a month on Wednesdays, beginning October 2019 through June 2020. Students in 7th - 11th grade are eligible to apply. (Students in 11th grade on the SLB may apply to continue to serve on the SLB in 12th grade.)
- Participate in meetings at the Holocaust Center for Humanity in downtown Seattle. (Absences are permitted with prior notice. Absences that do not have prior approval, or members who miss two or more meetings, may be dropped from the program.) New Satellite SLB will meet at Bowdish Middle School in Spokane Valley.
- Work together to carry out meaningful projects that support the Holocaust Center's mission and provide real-world leadership experience.
- Provide feedback on the Holocaust Center's programs and serve as ambassadors.
- Hear from community leaders.
- Learn more about leadership, the Holocaust, human rights, genocide, and related local issues.
- Work with the Holocaust Center’s artifacts and local Holocaust survivors.
- Commit to serving on the Student Leadership Board for one year.
- Gain valuable leadership tools and experience, and earn recognition from the Holocaust Center at the completion of a year as part of a prestigious cohort of Student Leaders.
- Must be a current student in 7th – 11th grade.
- Interested and eager to learn more about the Holocaust and related issues
- Works well with others of all ages
- Committed to planning and carrying out a project
- Able to participate meetings at the Holocaust Center for Humanity in downtown Seattle, or at the satellite location in Spokane Valley, October 2019 - June 2020
- Can commit to the Student Leadership Board through the end of the school year
Approximately two Wednesdays a month, 4:45 - 6:00.
2019-2020 Student Leadership Board (coming soon)
This program is made possible thanks to the generous support of George Elbaum and Mimi Jensen, and Richard and Evelyn Gumpert. Special thanks also goes to the Henry M. Jackson Foundation.