Now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 Teacher Advisory Board!
The Teacher Advisory Board (TAB) will:
- Expand and enrich the Holocaust Center’s educational programming
- Ensure that we are meeting the needs of our students
- Ensure that we are meeting the needs of our teachers
- Serve as mentors for new teachers
- Advocate for the Holocaust Center
- Participate in meetings at the Holocaust Center for Humanity in downtown Seattle. One meeting every other month on a Wednesday evening. Board members outside of the greater Seattle area will have the option of calling in and participating remotely.
- Eligible teachers will currently be teaching in a classroom, grades 5 through university, or will be employed by a school or educational institution.
- Eligible teachers will be able to show a demonstrated commitment to Holocaust education and related topics.
- 1 year commitment – September through June. At the end of the academic year, teachers can re-apply for the next year.
Members of the Teacher Advisory Board will receive:
- Free membership to the Holocaust Center at the Patron Level for a year (Patron members are invited to exclusive exhibit and program preview events.)
- 30% discount on bookstore items (some restrictions apply)
- Free class visit to the Holocaust Center for Humanity
2017-2018 Teacher Advisory Board:
Nance Adler, Jewish Day School, Bellevue
Branda Anderson, Kamiak High School, Mukilteo
Lauren Bear, Holy Family Parish School, Kirkland
Marianne Clarke, TOPS K-8, Seattle
Rosemary Conroy, St. Luke School, Shoreline
Megan Corbin, Showalter Middle School, Tukwila
Elizabeth Ebersole, McClure Middle School, Seattle
Nicole Elbling, Frankel Religious School, Herzl Ner Tamid, Mercer Island
David James, Lincoln County High School, Eureka, MT
Heidi Pouley, Assumption St. Bridget School, Seattle
Paul Regelbrugge, Scenic Hill Elementary, Kent
Debbie Robinson, Meridian Middle School, Kent
Leslie Stephens, Chinook Middle School, Bellevue
Raymond Sun, Washington State University
Melissa Tatum, Showalter Middle School, Tukwila