The Teacher Advisory Board (TAB) will:
- Expand and enrich the Holocaust Center’s educational programming
- Ensure that we are meeting the needs of our students
- Ensure that we are meeting the needs of our teachers
- Serve as mentors for new teachers
- Advocate for the Holocaust Center
- Participate in meetings at the Holocaust Center for Humanity in downtown Seattle. One meeting every other month on a Wednesday evening. Board members outside of the greater Seattle area will have the option of calling in and participating remotely.
- Eligible teachers will currently be teaching in a classroom, grades 5 through university, or will be employed by a school or educational institution.
- Eligible teachers will be able to show a demonstrated commitment to Holocaust education and related topics.
- 1 year commitment – September through June. At the end of the academic year, teachers can re-apply for the next year.
Members of the Teacher Advisory Board will receive:
- Free membership to the Holocaust Center at the Patron Level for a year (Patron members are invited to exclusive exhibit and program preview events.)
- 30% discount on bookstore items (some restrictions apply)
- Free class visit to the Holocaust Center for Humanity
2018-19 Teacher Advisory Board:
Nance Adler, Jewish Day School, Bellevue
Branda Anderson, Kamiak High School, Mukilteo
Jeanine Bator, Yakima Valley College, Grandview
Lauren Bear, Holy Family Parish School, Kirkland
Patri Collins, Islander Middle School, Mercer Island
Rosemary Conroy, St. Luke School, Shoreline
Megan Corbin, Showalter Middle School, Tukwila
Brian Crawford, The Downtown School - A Lakeside School, Seattle
Dtacey Delcau, Temple De Hirsch Religion School, Seattle
Elizabeth Ebersole, McClure Middle School, Seattle
Nicole Elbling, Frankel Religious School, Herzl Ner Tamid, Mercer Island
Theresa Jordan, Washington State University, Pullman
Kim Pesik, Einstein Middle School, Shoreline
Heidi Pouley, Bishop Blanchet High School, Seattle
Jody Quitadamo, Big Bend Community College, Moses Lake
Paul Regelbrugge, Meeker Middle School, Kent
Debbie Robinson, Meridian Middle School, Kent
Leslie Stephens, Chinook Middle School, Bellevue