DIPLOMATIC RESCUERS: RHODES AND BEYOND
The Rhodes/Cos Memorial Committee | July 23, 2018 | 7:00-9:00pm | Congregation Ezra Bessaroth | 5217 S Brandon St, Seattle
"The Rescuers," a film excerpt by director Michael King
Dee Simon, Baral Family Executive Director, Holocaust Center for Humanity
"Diplomatic Rescuers during the Holocaust"
Dr. Roberto Dondisch-Glowinski, Consul General of Mexico
"Challenges and Opportunities Facing Diplomats Today"
A Hashkava service and Sephardic reception will follow the program.
RSVP: 206-582-3000 or https://2018RhodesCosMemorial.eventbrite.com
EDUCATION FOR EXCELLENCE, DIVERSITY, AND RESPECT: Transformative 21st Century Innovations
August 22-25, 2018 | Seattle | A joint international conference hosted by the School of Education at Seattle Pacific University and the Janusz Korczak Association of the USA. Conference participants will have a chance to stay on campus at SPU. Participants at this conference will:
- Learn about the latest research findings and school innovations and their impact on school students, teachers, and reforms in education.
- Discover Korczak’s theory and practice, and get inspired.
- Engage with international groups of students, teachers, researchers, social workers, psychologists, child-rights advocates, policymakers, and other stakeholders with an interest in education.
- Present, promote and discuss their own projects in education with both supporters and challengers.
- Strengthen their social networks with new national and international contacts from around the world.
- Earn up to 24 clock hours in professional development.
INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION WORKSHOP
How to Respect Students' Rights, Promote Social-Emotional Development and Facilitate Agency | August 25, 2018 | 8:30am - 6:30pm | Seattle Pacific University | $10 (includes 8 clock hours)
Join renowned practice-oriented researchers and educators for an engaging, interactive workshop on the work and legacy of Janusz Korczak (1878-1942). A Polish/Jewish educator, pediatrician, and writer, Dr. Korczak was a strong advocate for youth and an author of the first Declaration of Children’s Rights. His work has influenced educational practices around the world, led to creating International Korczak movement and helped establishing compassionate schools, culturally responsive classrooms, and providing unique opportunities for social emotional learning in schools.Join renowned practice-oriented researchers and educators for an engaging, interactive workshop on the work and legacy of Janusz Korczak (1878-1942).