Fact, Opinion, & Propaganda: Empowering Students to be Reliably Informed | Teacher Workshop | March 19, 2020 | 9:00am - 3:30pm | At the Henry and Sandra Friedman Holocaust Center for Humanity
Lunch provided. 6 Clock Hours. Registration Fee - $25.
- be able to differentiate types of misinformation
- understand how misinformation is created and spreads
- apply digital forensics and fact-checking tools and skills to verify information and debunk misinformation
- connect news literacy to civic engagement and recognizing the standards of quality journalism
- explore current trends in misinformation and conspiracy theories relating to Holocaust denial
Presented by John Silva, NBCT Director of Education for the News Literacy Project.
Funding for this program was made possible, in part, due to a grant from the Tillie and Alfred Shemanski Testamentary Trust.